The Best Sheet Metal Fabrication in Colorado at Your Fingertips
Sheet metal fabrication in Colorado is the process of forming sheet metal into components or structures. It can be done manually or using machine tools.
There Are Many Different Sheet Metal Fabrication Processes, Including:
- Cutting: This is the most common sheet metal fabrication process. It involves cutting the sheet metal to the desired shape using a cutting tool such as a shear, laser cutter, or waterjet.
- Bending: Bending sheet metal is done by placing it over a die and then striking it with a hammer or press. This causes the sheet metal to take on the shape of the die.
- Welding: Welding joins two pieces of sheet metal together using heat and pressure. Common welding methods used in sheet metal fabrication include MIG welding, TIG welding, and spot welding.
- Punching: Punching is a sheet metal fabrication process that involves using a punch press to create holes or shapes in the sheet metal.
- Stamping: Stamping is a sheet metal fabrication process that uses dies and presses to create complex shapes.
A Versatile Manufacturing Process
Colorado sheet metal fabrication services are used in a variety of industries, including aerospace, automotive, construction, electronics, and medical. It is a versatile manufacturing process that can be used to create parts of all shapes and sizes.
Sheet Metal Bending Process in Short:
1)Mark the sheet according to the desired shape.
2)Cut the sheet along the marked lines.
3)Bend the sheet over a die.
4)Strike the sheet with a hammer or press to form it into the shape of the die.
5)Weld the sheet along the seams.
6)Punch holes or shapes into the sheet.
7)Stamp the sheet with a die to create complex shapes.
8)Finish the sheet as desired.
To learn more about this and other fabrication related services in Colorado simply visit Mikron online or call today. Getting your next project started has never been easier or more convenient